Happy Bubbles is designed after the carpet in the children’s area of the Northborough Public Library in Mass. The students in my 6-10 yr old class helped me name it. It is a happy pattern because of the happy pencil smiles in each large bubble.
The StepsHappy Bubbles
1. Scatter several large circles inside your string. Leave plenty of space between them and include some partial circles at the edges.
2. Draw some medium circles close to the large circles (2 or 3 for each large circle)
3. Fill just the medium circles with dots
4. Connect the large circle “Islands” with many little circles still leaving some open white space
5. With your pencil add rounding to the large circles by drawing happy smiles in each.
6. Blend the pencil smiles if you wish.